HOME > PRODUCT > BITTWARE
The BittWare Advantage
BittWare has been designing and delivering signal processing solutions for over two decades. Employing the best thinkers and providing an environment that fosters innovation and creativity, we have a design team that seeks out the latest technologies and develops reliable, cutting-edge products.
Superior technical support.
BittWare provides the essential building blocks you need for your digital signal processing innovative solutions.
- OpenCL for Altera FPGAs providing the building blocks for OpenCL FPGA development
- FPGA COTS Hardware based on Altera’s high-density FPGAs and our Anemone co-processor for FPGAs
- Value-Add Products for FPGA to facilitate efficient data routing and processing
- Development Tools that take you from prototype to production
- Systems & Solutions including design consultation, system integration, and application-specific product design
The Open Computing Language (OpenCL™) programming model is now supported on Altera’s Stratix® V FPGA architecture and BittWare’s Stratix V FPGA COTS hardware, providing an incredibly powerful solution for system acceleration.
BittWare’s OpenCL Developer’s Bundle
- BittWare S5-PCI-HQ Altera Stratix V GSMD5, GSMD8, GXEA7, or GXEAB half-length PCIe board with two banks of 4GByte DDR3 SDRAM
- S5PH-Q Board Support Package
- BittWare BittWorks II Toolkit application development software for BittWare COTS boards
- BittWare Breakout Board (BWBO) providing front panel access to signals and interfaces on the S5PH-Q (two RS-232 connectors, an RJ-45 Ethernet jack, and a micro-USB shell that are all accessible via the front panel)
- One year license for the Altera Quartus® II software (v13.0), Developer’s Kit Edition
- One year license for the Altera Software Development Kit (SDK) for OpenCL
- Altera USB Byte Blaster to download configuration or program data into the Stratix V
Request more information on BittWare’s OpenCL Developers Bundle for OpenCL development support.
What is OpenCL?
Developed by the Khronos Group, OpenCL greatly improves speed and responsiveness for many applications, including those in defense/aerospace, communications, high end instrumentation, life sciences, and financial.
What Are the Benefits of OpenCL for FPGAs?
- Faster time-to-market using the OpenCL C-based parallel programming language as opposed to low-level hardware description language (HDL).
- Quick design exploration by working at a higher level of design abstraction.
- Easy design re-use by re-targeting existing OpenCL C code to current and future FPGAs.
- Faster design completion by generating an FPGA implementation of OpenCL C code in a single step, bypassing the manual timing closure efforts and implementation of communication interfaces between the FPGA, host, and external memories.
- Increased performance by offloading performance-intensive functions from the host processor to the FPGA.
- Significantly lower power by using the Altera SDK for OpenCL which generates only the logic needed to deliver.
OpenCL Solutions from Altera and BittWare
BittWare offers deployable COTS FPGA boards that provide superior development productivity and unmatched SWaP (Size, Weight, Power) performance. Our focus on best practices ensures consistent product quality and product performance that is unsurpassed in the industry.
OpenCL Solutions Partners
|Professional OpenCL™ programmer training and consulting services for Altera FPGAs.
|OpenCL™ development services.
|Multi-core software OpenCL™ development services.
- Visit http://www.khronos.org/opencl/
- Explore Altera’s Preferred Board Partner Program for OpenCL
- Explore OpenCL for Altera FPGAs: Accelerating Performance and Design Productivity
- Explore BittWare’s S5-PCIe-HQ Altera Stratix® V GX/GS half-length PCIe board
- Explore BittWare’s OpenCL Developer’s Bundle
- Press release: BittWare Joins Altera Preferred Board Partner Program for OpenCL
- Press release: Altera Opens the World of FPGAs to Software Programmers with Broad Availability of SDK and Off-the-Shelf Boards for OpenCL